- ran around central park, including a number of faster laps around the reservoir.
- ate at an excellent vegetarian korean restaurant in gramercy park.
- went to the top of the empire state building at night.
- saw the mets lose a playoff game at shea to the st louis cardinals. nothing like seeing a game in seattle – much more intense. rode the subway to and from too – other than having to wait around for the train, that was pretty fun too.
- saw a broadway show.
- enjoyed some great margaritas at a place on 7th ave.
- went to moma – twice!
- visited friends and family.
while i love living in the northwest – i also loved the easy access to cultural stuff. you could spend weeks there, and not visit the same museum twice. there’s a great selection of plays to see at half price. and the culinary options are great too. nyc would be a great place to live on an unlimited budget. i also remember it being a great place to live as a kid – sort of like being at the center of the universe. perhaps every kid feels like that, but being able to experience such a range of cultures, ideas, and people isn’t something you can do in the suburbs.
it’s good to be home with kris and the kids, but i had a blast back east.